Monday, August 2, 2010

Photohunt!

august2010-photohunt-badge
I've always loved a good scavenger hunt! Except this one involves my other half...my beloved camera! I've seen this photo hunt challenge before but have always been too much of a chicken to enter. This time, however, I figured if I blogged about it I wouldn't have any excuses to not do it! Plus, I just bought a new lens for my camera, so what better way to practice with it!

This photohunt is open to everyone (all skill levels/all cameras), so if you are looking for a fun challenge or just something to keep you busy this month, you should join in the fun!

Here's what we'll be on the hunt for...

1. A flag that represents you (your town, state, country, team, etc.)
2. Something comfortable
3. Something in season
4. Feet
5. Repetition
6. Culture or ethnicity
7. Contrast
8. An indulgence
9. A macro or closeup
10. Something masculine
11. Something feminine
12. Light
13. Eco-friendly
14. Business
15. An arrow
16. Something wet
17. Something dry
18. Butterflies
19. Heart-Shaped Clouds
20. Strength

The Rules:
•Photos should be taken between August 1st and August 31st.
•You may use a maximum of two photos from your archives — as long as they were taken within the past year — if you find yourself stuck on the 31st without having a photo for a category or two.
•You ARE allowed (and encouraged!) to use Photoshop or other photo-editing software as you’d like (it often adds to the artistic quality of the photo).
•It is up to you whether you post your photos on your blog as you go or wait until September 1st to unveil them and make it a surprise.
•Put all 20 photos in one single blog post or in a single online gallery by September 4th. Please label each photo file in the following manner: Yourname-category.jpg (ex: kristi-something musical.jpg).

So, there you have it...I'm off to start photo hunting! I'm nervous and excited all at the same time! Some of the items are a little tricky. Wonder what I'll come up with?! Wish me luck!

IMG_3448-1

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This sounds like so much fun. I think I should print off the list and try too! Good luck! : ) You have the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete