Friday, July 30, 2010

Dog Days of Summer!

Ever wonder where this phrase came from?
IMG_6186
Well...if so, you're in luck...here's a fun Friday fact for you...
IMG_6185
"Dog days" are referred to as the hottest, most sultry days of summer.
(Thank you Wikipedia)
IMG_6184
The name comes from the ancient belief that Sirius, also called the Dog Star, was somehow responsible for the hot weather.
IMG_6187
Well, I'm real "Sirius" when I say that I'm pretty darn tired of the scorching heat we've been blessed with lately.
Don't you think that ("feels like") 100*F should somehow be illegal?
I know. Not possible. But still!
It's H.O.T.!
IMG_6208
Happy Weekend Bloggers!
Stay C.O.O.L!

1 comment:

  1. I always wondered what that meant. haha. I LOVE this weather, though. But my husband works outside, so him not so much. :)

    ReplyDelete