Thursday, October 22, 2009

Midwest Charm

Today I got a phone call from my mom telling me that my great-uncle had a heart attack yesterday and then another one today. He is currently in the hospital and doctors are having a hard time getting his heart rhythm back under control. Please pray for him.

He lives in a small, small town and when I asked my mom why he wasn't in the bigger city hospital she said because he doesn't want to go. Please pray for his courage, the doctor's wisdom and for my family's peace during this time. Thankfully, my parents are on vacation right now visiting my family up north, so they were able to go see him today.

Here are a few pictures from our last visit to uncle Barney's farm...

He always has a smile on his face and always has a fun story to tell.
He is the true definition of midwestern charm!
Oh..and did I mention that he is 89 years old?
We always have fun at the farm!
Here I am learning how to target shoot!
It was easier sitting down!
Pretty good shot huh?



"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

1 comment: