Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fun with Film!

I can honestly say that this past weekend was a birthday for the record books. We had a nice weekend away from the big-city hustle and bustle. As I mentioned in my previous post, it was a weekend focused on the simple things and I loved every second of it! Work-life has been extremely busy lately, so it was a much needed escape. In the craziness of every-day life, it is important to take time away from all the to-do lists, emails, iPhone dings, you name it! And yes, this even includes a break from my dear Canon 7D. Of course, D knew I couldn't make it a whole weekend without taking any pictures so one of my birthday presents included an "old-school" Kodak disposable camera. I loved it! I can't even tell you how giddy I was to get back and have the photos developed. :)


Here are a few snapshots from the weekend...


scan0005-1

We started off with a little water adventure. It was windy and cold, but we were lucky enough to catch a few fish, thanks to my personal fishing guide!


scan0007-1

Next on the agenda was Mardi Gras!


We headed to the island to partake in some of the festivities. It was a blast just walking around without any plans. Here we are checking out all the parade floats...
scan0002-1
scan0001-1

After the parade (and beads!) we headed to a wonderful dinner overlooking the water! My stomach and heart was full!


scan0003-1

Thank you D for such a fun birthday weekend!


I wish I could press the rewind button and go back!

Until next time! :)
scan0009-1


project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun, and you reminded me of the fun it was when I had to wait to get film developed and see how the pictures came out. Digital is nice, but there isn't that same suspense!

    ReplyDelete